Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Commitment

I haven't been "in a relationship" for the longest time. It has been more than seven years to be a bit more specific. I was in my sophomore year in college when I last had it. It ended when the both of us realized we weren't that committed to each other. I got stuck into student politics which I never imagined to be so demanding, and she... well I really never knew what went on with her. See? That's how uncommitted we were... or at least I was. It was in that season that the words commitment made sense to me. Committing to something/one means choosing it/her over anything/one else. See that in choosing, it means that there is a choice. Always.

I had this idea to go to Google and see what the top picture will be when I type the word "commitment", hence the image on the left -- a group of people's hands laid on each other in a radial manner as in doing a hands-in before a huddle break. Unfortunately, it totally ruined my direction for writing this blog and messed up with what my point exactly was -- a two way commitment, not a group or company commitment. However, in keeping with the theme of this post, I have committed to go with the  inclusion of this photograph no matter how irrelevant it is. I do have a choice to go with an image that made more sense, but I choose to be prideful and stick to the irrelevant hands picture no matter how foolish it seems.

Getting back on track, I simply wrote this because right now, I have decided to give myself fully to a commitment. Redundant, isn't it -- to fully give yourself to a commitment? But that's how dedicated, decided, and locked in I am to this. I solemnly swear to make room in my life for her this time. I will make it a point to meet with her more days than I don't in a week. I look forward to every hour we will spend together. It will never be a chore but instead, a delight. This commitment has been the best I've been in so far, next to giving my life to Jesus. I just went into a relationship with my local gym. Time to lose those kilos!

What were you thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment